Consultation. (Meet & Greet)
- To ensure the best possible care is given, we at Tailstotell pet services offer a free of charge Service Consultation. This consultation can take from 20 minutes to 40 minutes and is an important first meeting so that you and your pets can get to know us, this also allows you to ask any questions that you may have.
- We will familiarise ourselves with the commands that you use for your pets so there is no confusion. We will also discuss the services you are considering and if necessary, adapt them to fit to your requirements. It is an opportunity for you to ask any questions or concerns that you might have. This also gives us an opportunity to fill in the necessary paperwork required to start our service, or leave to be filled in later before service starts.
- We ask our Customers to make sure that their personal information is correct and up to date!
- We ask our Customers to supply us with their Veterinary Practices contact details in the event of an emergency.
- We ask our Customers if they could please notify their neighbours that we will be visiting their property in your absence to carry out our services.
- Tailstotell pet services must be informed if your pet is suffering or has suffered any illness, taking medication or has any allergies, prior to starting our services.
- Should your pet require Special Diets, these will be catered for. However, a clear printed instruction sheet of your pets’ needs must be made available and placed for our attention on arrival.
- Medication will be given also, as and when necessary, again clear instructions must be provided. No injections will be administered.
- We ask if you could keep your pets health at check and they are fully vaccinated, wormed and flea treated.
- In the event of an emergency: We ask our Customers to supply us with their contact details also a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make contact with them. The owner further agrees that if any medical treatment is needed, that all Veterinary costs that occur the owner will cover all costs for Veterinary treatment directly with their Veterinary Practice.
- When carrying out home visits: we do not except any liability when pets are left un-supervised.
- The owner shall accept full liability for and loss or damage or injury towards any other person or animal whilst in my care caused by their pet whilst being walked or visited and accepts total liability for payment of any public liability insurance excess or veterinary fees incurred resulting from this.
- Our home visiting service that covers Cats, Small pets, normally takes 20 minutes but may take longer due to the number of pets. however, we reserve the right to use our personal judgment to cut short a visit in the event of the safety of your pet. (e.g. bad weather conditions, injury, etc).
- Our walking time will be normally 20 minutes to 1 hour during the slot booked however, we reserve the right to use our personal judgment to cut short a walk in the event of the safety of your dog (e.g. bad weather conditions, injury, etc. In the event of any injury we will inform you that we have taken your pet to your requested Veterinary Practice. We do not except liability and payment is met by you.
- No more than 2 dogs will be walked together by Tailstotell pet services on any one walk.
- All dogs will remain on their lead! If the pet’s owner requests us to let their pets off: a full agreement has to be reached first, by both parties! We will only then let them off if we are confident that your pet will return when called! We do not accept liability for accidental injury whilst in our service, also injury caused by other sources.
- Un-castrated dogs or bitches in season will be accepted for walking but will be walked one to one only and in a safe location.
- We will accept dogs with signs of aggression, but they must be muzzled and will be walked one to one only.
The law on microchipping dogs
On 6 April 2016 the UK law was changed so that all dogs over 8 weeks old must be microchipped. The law means that:
- Any dog over 8 weeks old must be microchipped.
- Owner details must be kept up-to-date and stored with an approved database company.
- Your dog must still wear a collar and tag with your contact details on when in public.
- If your dog is scanned and found not to have a microchip, you’ll have 21 days to get them microchipped. If you don’t, you’ll face a fine of £500.
- A microchip is a tiny radio chip, about the size of a grain of rice, which is implanted under your pet’s skin between its shoulder blades. When this chip is scanned it shows their unique identification number.
- This identification number is logged on a national database, which can be matched against your contact details, so you can be reunited with your precious pet.
Payments :- Payments will be collected before and on each service, either by cash or bank transfer. We do not at this point in time accept any form of card payment. I will travel up to 5 miles from our location, after that I need to charge 30p per mile to cover expenses. (Please contact us for a quote).
Late payments that are not received, will incur a late payment fee of £5.00p. Example :- this only applies if the payment is not paid and goes into the following week or later.
Home visits (Holidays). If a booking is made in advance then 25% of the total payment will need to be paid immediately to confirm your booking and is non – refundable. The remaining balance will need to be paid in full the week prior to your requested dates. In the event that you are delayed on return from your holiday, any additional care provided other than what has been agreed will be charged at the daily rate per visit for that day and will be payable immediately on your return.
Cancellation Policy :- Cancellation Policy: Customers are now booking in advance, this allows me to know what availability I have to offer. If you have booked in advance and then cancel, I still require payment. The reason for this is that I could have offered the time slot to someone else. In the event of a sudden serious illness or death within the family then payment is not required for the following week. If payment is made or due whilst you are away on holiday and then you return earlier than planned, then NO refund will be given, and full payment is required. If you decide to terminate our services completely(Ad hoc/Full time customers) then I still require you to make a full month’s payment even if this is at the beginning or halfway through the month.
(Tailstotell pet services reserves the right to decline or terminate a booking in any circumstances)
Keys :- I will require your key to your property if you are not going to be available when I collect your pet. Key/keys are kept locked in a safe metal box when not in use and for your security, we also ensure that all key/keys are never labelled with your name or address. if a Key/keys are held and the customer services are not used for 9 months to a year the key will be destroyed!
The Data Protection :- Customer’s Details: Our customer’s details will be used with the strictest of confidence and will not be shared or given to any other source except for name and contact number for reference only if given permission. We ensure that your information is safe and secure at all times in line with The Data Protection Act 1998 and The General Data Protection Regulation 2018.